FAMILY CONNECTS CUMBERLAND
With support from Elizabeth A. Hudspeth Endowment Fund of the Cumberland Community Foundation, the Partnership for Children is implementing a new Family Connects Cumberland program. This program follows the evidence-based model of Family Connects International.
Family Connects Cumberland is a community-wide in-home nurse visiting program available to Cumberland County families with newborns.
The program is simple: A registered nurse visits a family’s home around 3 weeks after birth to check on mom, baby, and the whole family. There is no cost to the family, and anyone living in Cumberland County with a newborn can participate, including foster and adoptive parents.
What does Family Connects Cumberland do?
- Connects with every family member in the home of a newborn.
- Provides a health check for mother and baby.
- Offers education, support, and answers about newborn care.
- Connects families to resources and supports based on their individual needs and preferences.
- Enhances communication and data-driven decision-making between community partners and organizations, all to better address families’ needs.
For more information or to be part of the implementation of this program, email us today!