Quality child care is multi-faceted, relying on strong programs, safe facilities, and educated professionals. The education of our professionals is one of the most important elements of providing quality child care due to the involvement they have in a child’s well-being, nurturing, and development. Their knowledge and skills, or lack thereof, influence a child’s readiness to enter school prepared.
Continuing Education and Workshops
The Professional Development Career Center offers high-quality training opportunities to expand on previous learning, and to enhance the education levels of ECE Professionals. All trainings are approved by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education and are based on their approved in-service training topic areas.
PFC is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). PFC complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, PFC is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Online registration is available! To register online, please select from the following:
Quarterly Training Calendar and Registration Form
There is no time like the present for early childhood educators to accelerate their learning skills, so make plans to attend one of our outstanding Early Educators Skill Enhancement Sessions. Supercharge your knowledge base in these enhancement sessions that provide you with individualized style workshops to interact with our leading movers and shakers in early childhood education, whose expertise is bound to inspire your daily work with children and families.
See upcoming session dates and class descriptions here.
The Leadership Academy invests in growing our early care and education professionals to be true leaders and empower them to inspire the same in others. Selected recipients participate in an intensive leadership development program, which includes:
- Seminars & Workshops
- Financial Counseling
- Networking and Team Building
For more information, please contact the Professional Development Career Center at (910) 867-9700.
The Professional Development Career Center offers support, training, technical assistance, educational opportunities, and financial assistance to Early Childhood professionals in regulated child care facilities and public schools. The Career Center advocates improving the educational levels of teachers, increasing wages through T.E.A.C.H., and other benefits. Through these efforts, the Career Center intends to reduce the high staff turnover often experienced in child care facilities and public schools.
- Must be employed in a regulated child care education facility and/or program for a minimum of 6 months in Cumberland County, to include:
- Child care directors, teachers, and teacher’s assistants
- Head Start directors, teachers, and teacher’s assistants
- Public school pre-k teachers and teacher’s assistants
- NC Pre-K teachers and providers
- Be a North Carolina resident qualifying for in-state tuition or be active duty/military dependent.
- Committed to pursuing additional education in Early Childhood and/or Birth thru Kindergarten (Associates and/or Bachelors). Must submit an official Education Curriculum Plan (Ed Plan) signed by the institution’s Education Advisor. The exception will be made for applicants obtaining NC Early Childhood Credentials (EDU 119) or who are required to take pre-requisite courses for entry into the Early Childhood Education program.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact:
- Julanda Jett – Professional Development Manager @ 910-867-9700 ext. 2533
- Mary Welch – Professional Development Consultant @ 910-867-9700 ext. 2538
- Shelia Rowe – Professional Development Training Specialist @ 910-867-9700 ext. 2537
- Sylvia Paige – Professional Development Continuing Education Consultant @ 910-867-9700 ext. 2528