We offer on-site technical assistance services in order to enhance the quality of care children receive in child care facilities.
Technical assistance creates many valuable opportunities, including:
- Providing an ongoing mechanism for establishing and reviewing professional development goals
- Allowing for one-on-one training and coaching
- Serving as a bridge between group training and actual staff practices
- Providing support and mentoring to reduce staff stress, burnout, and turnover
- Ensuring quality programming and quality care for children
There are several types of on-site technical assistance available for child care programs:
- Observation and assessment visits – observe and assess the quality of the program (may include an Environment Rating Scale assessment)
- Support and mentoring visits – assist in the development and implementation of quality improvement and professional development plans
- Monitoring visits – a collaboration with licensing and monitoring agency to assess how a program is meeting objectives and the timeline for corrective actions and quality improvements plans
Fill out the application here.
If you have additional questions, please contact call our offices at 910-867-9700 and ask to speak with someone in our Professional Development Department.