We offer on-site technical assistance services in order to enhance the quality of care children receive in child care facilities.
Technical assistance creates many valuable opportunities, including:
- Providing an ongoing mechanism for establishing and reviewing professional development goals
- Allowing for one-on-one training and coaching
- Serving as a bridge between group training and actual staff practices
- Providing support and mentoring to reduce staff stress, burnout, and turnover
- Ensuring quality programming and quality care for children
There are several types of on-site technical assistance available for child care programs:
- Observation and assessment visits – observe and assess the quality of the program (may include an Environment Rating Scale assessment)
- Support and mentoring visits – assist in the development and implementation of quality improvement and professional development plans
- Monitoring visits – a collaboration with licensing and monitoring agency to assess how a program is meeting objectives and the timeline for corrective actions and quality improvements plans
Download the application here.
If you have additional questions, please contact call our offices at 910-867-9700 and ask to speak with someone in our Professional Development Department.