All Children Excel Parent Education
Qualifying caregivers raising children from birth to 5 years old can participate in All Children Excel, a parent education program. Parents receive home visits and group-based parent education designed to develop nurturing parenting skills and enhance knowledge about child development and strengthen the caregiver and child relationship.
The 16-week group parenting education sessions are available for parents receiving services from child welfare.
What does this program provide?
The All Children Excel parenting classes follow the evidence and curriculum-based Nurturing Parenting Program model. Parents will learn:
- Expectations of Children
- Parental Empathy towards Children’s Needs
- Non-violent Discipline
- Parent-Child Family Roles
- Children’s Power and Independence
Additional parent education support services are provided through the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program.
Who is eligible?
- Eligible parents must reside in Cumberland County
- Children 0 – 5 years old (5-year-old cannot be enrolled in Kindergarten)
- Must have a referral from a community agency such as the Department of Social Services
For parenting class information or enrollment, please complete the All Children Excel Interest Form:
All Children Excel Parenting Class Interest Form
The North Carolina Partnership for Children and the Smart Start Initiative help fund this work.
Help us in our efforts to ensure all children receive a sound education, beginning at birth, and families receive the support they need to ensure success.