PFC is accepting proposals for Early Childhood Training Instructors to develop and present comprehensive learning events that offer evidence based and evidence informed trainings to meet the educational needs of a specific target population, Early Care and Educational Professionals (ECEPs), who serve children birth to 12 years and families in both child care centers and family child care homes. The learning events should include: descriptions, instructional and assessment methods and concise and measurable outcomes.
The learning events, in the form of contact hour credits (CHCs) and/or continuing education units (CEUs), developed and presented must relate to the first nine required topic areas according to in the Child Care Law; along with other specific learning event topics:
- Planning a safe, healthy learning environment
- Children’s physical & intellectual development
- Children’s social & emotional development
- Strategies to establish productive relationships with families
- Strategies for effective program management
- Maintaining a commitment to professionalism
- Observing & recording children’s behavior
- Principles of child growth & development
- Inclusion of children with special needs
- Partnering with Parents to Prevent Child Abuse & Neglect
- NC Foundations for Early Learning and Development
- Environment Rating Scales (ECERS-R, ITERS-R, FCCERS-R, SACERS-U)
- Emergency Preparedness and Response in Child Care
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Health and Safety Topics
- Other related topics as it relates to and/or benefits ECEPs
- Bilingual Instructor- Early Childhood Learning Events
Bachelor’s degree(s) and/or Credentials in related field of teaching are required. Experience providing adult education utilizing Bloom’s Taxonomy is also required.
Learning events are held Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6:15 pm-8:30 pm) and Saturdays with time ranging from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; unless otherwise requested differently.
Services begin July 1, 2017 and will be completed by June 30, 2018.
Please submit proposal and scope of work no later than Monday, June 12, 2017 to the Partnership for Children of Cumberland County, Inc., Attention: Anna Marie Hall, Contracts Coordinator, 351 Wagoner Drive, Suite 200, Fayetteville, NC 28303. Please print and fill out the scope of work.
Questions may be directed to:
Mary Welch, Professional Development Training Specialist at 910-867-9700 ext. 2538
Sylvia Paige, Continuing Education Program Consultant at 910-867-9700 ext. 2528.