We know that by empowering families, our entire community benefits. One of the programs we have to help empower families is our Child Care Subsidy and Financial Assistance program.
Financial assistance may be available on a temporary basis to parents who:
- Work part-time or are actively seeking employment
- Attend school or an approved training program (must be attending full time)
- May be experiencing a crisis (eligibility for assistance is determined on a case by case basis)
- Has a child with documented developmental needs
For your family to qualify for financial assistance, you must:
- Be a Cumberland County resident
- Have a child under five years old (five years old cannot be enrolled in Kindergarten)
- Meet income limits (income eligibility is based on 75% of state median income)
If your family qualifies, you must Attend Tips on Choosing Quality Child Care, a free workshop provided by our staff.
Financial assistance is based upon available funding; as a result, we may maintain a waiting list. if you are placed on a waiting list, one of our caseworkers will contact you as funds become available.