Regional Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Services provide leadership and support for child care resource and referral services offered in CCR&R Region 5, which includes Anson, Cumberland, Hoke, Montgomery, Moore, Richmond, Robeson and Scotland counties. These services are funded by North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education. Regional CCR&R Services coordinate the following statewide quality improvement initiatives for Region 5:
Child Care Resource & Referral Provides Core Services for:
- Families by providing referrals to child care programs, conduction workshops on choosing quality child care and answering questions on child care regulation and quality issues.
- Communities by gathering statistics on child care in the Region 5 counties, operating a database of local child care options, increasing awareness of high quality child care, and working with businesses concerned about the effect of child care problems on the workforce.
- Child Care Providers by offering support to new child care businesses, technical assistance support to existing child care programs and conducting trainings/workshops on child care issues.
Regional School-Age Quality Improvement Project
- Offers services to improve the availability and quality of licensed school-age care in Region 5 counties. A School-Age Specialist will provide these services free to school-age caregivers and programs in each of the Region 5 counties.
Regional Promoting Healthy Social Behaviors Project
- Provides assistance to child care providers and programs that care for young children with challenging behaviors. A Behavior Specialist is available to provide this service free to child care providers and programs in Region 5 counties.
Regional Infant and Toddler Enhancement Project
- Provides help for infant and toddler care providers in Region 5 counties. This is a free service offered through North Carolina Division of Child Development for infant/toddler caregivers and programs desiring to improve the quality of care they provide.
Early Care and Education Professional Trainings/Workshops
Click Here for Region 5 Learning Event Calendars and Registration Forms for specific county.
To Register Online for Trainings/Workshops in Cumberland County and Region 5 Conferences: