The NC Pre-K program offers free preschool for families who qualify. NC Pre-K operates on the public school calendar, and classrooms are offered at participating Cumberland County Schools, Head Start programs, and licensed four and five-star private child care centers. For a list of 2021-2022 NC Pre-K locations in Cumberland County, click here.
There is a limited amount of openings in Cumberland County for school year 2021-22.
NC Pre-K services are offered at no charge to eligible children.
Applying is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
1. Download the School Year 21-22 NC Pre-K Application, Fill It Out, Sign It, and SAVE It.
The application is a PDF file you must download, open, and fill out.
Your application must be digitally signed and SAVED before submitting.
Not saving your application will result in lost information.
• On a computer, you may need to Right-Click on the download button, then select “Save link as…” to save the PDF. You can fill it out using Adobe Fill & Sign Online, or the Acrobat Reader program.
• On a mobile device, you can use the Adobe Fill & Sign app. (Here is a helpful how-to video.)
2. Scan Your Required Documents
3. Complete This Form to Submit Your Signed Application and Required Documents[ninja_form id=68]
Child placement begins Friday, April 30, 2021 for applications submitted by April 15, 2021 with all required signatures and documentation. We complete child placement every month by the last working day of the month.
Need help filling out your application?
We are here to help!
While we aren’t currently in-office, we can help you personally by email. Contact us: [email protected]
Have a question?
We may have answered it already!
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions regarding Required Documents, eligibility, important dates, and more.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we have suspended all in-office application submission process until further notice. We are currently accepting applications digitally or by mail. If you are not able to submit your application digitally, please mail your application with supporting documents to:
NC Pre-K Unit
RE: 2021-2022 Child Application
351 Wagoner Drive, Suite 200
Fayetteville, NC 28303
Who do I contact for more information?
Please fill out this quick form or leave a voicemail message on the Parent line at 910-826-6444.